My Colouring Page for the Celestial Star Quilt Along

I usually try to avoid Quilt Alongs these days as I wind up with WIPs that sit for a year. (As you will see in my WIP Wednesday post.) This one caught my eye though for two reasons: 1. the block design is very cool 2. it's a skill that I need help with learning and that is - Paper Piecing! So here I am taking part in the Celestial Star Quilt Along over at From Blank Pages.


Here is my colouring page. I wanted a rainbow colours quilt. I will probably sew a 24 inch wall hanging to start. I tried to convey low volume fabric in the diamonds in the white ring by colouring lightly. One thing I have already learned here is that I need more pencil crayon options. 24 colour choices is not cutting it! But I am happy with how this block looks and I plan to go with it.

Now I'm going to go sit down and have a read through Diane's amazing pattern that I bought from her Etsy shop. Head over here to see the sponsors and schedule. In addition to learning new things there are also prizes. :)