Saturday, 15 March 2014

Little Radiant Orchid Houses - Mini Quilt

It doesn't quite roll off the tongue the way "Little Pink Houses" does but here is my Pantone Quilt Challenge Mini. I have thought and thought about the 2014 Pantone Quilt Challenge using this year's colour of the year - Radiant Orchid. Finally I decided to purchase Camille Roskelley's "Dwell" mini quilt pattern. This pattern is available here.


 
I found this little quilt to be trickier than it looks. I had a bit of trouble getting the binding on as well because it was a two inch binding instead of my usual two and a half inch. However, it is done and as the saying goes; "Done is better than perfect." Especially when I am working full time and finding it hard to get sewing in. (I pushed through this little project with a bad headache but I do wish it was a bit more perfect.)
 
 
Here is a shot in the bright sun that I took in the hopes of showing the colours better. It is quite a cute little mini quilt. Mine came out at 15.5 x 12.5 inches. This will probably hang in my daughter's room. I hope to do the larger Dwell version in time for the entry deadline.

To see more quilts in the challenge click this link.

8 comments:

  1. Oh I love this! I love the Dwell pattern and they look so sweet in purples!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are pretty cute. I love houses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet little house quilt! I had binding issues myself,from the looks of it you overcame them just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you pushed on and finished because it's adorable! Great fabrics : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very cute! Looks like you found lots of great purple prints to work with. Thanks for playing along with the Challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is adorable, I love tiny piecing! I'm a sucker for Joel Dewberry, so it's also wonderful seeing those in there. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! House quilts are so fun, and yours is especially cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. It means a lot that you took the time. :) I have turned off word verification to try to make commenting easier for you. This means I now must limit who can comment to registered users.