Tuesday, 25 February 2014

What I'm Working On...

Hi! It's been a few weeks since I wrote a blog post so I thought I'd write a quick little one of what I'm working on. Mostly I've been working on hand quilting my Bloom Bloom Pow quilt (designed by Lee of Freshly Pieced... there's a button in my side bar) while watching the Olympics.



 I think I am getting better at it as time goes on. I'm on my fifth or sixth bloom now.
 I'm pretty sure I want to use these fabrics in my Pantone Colour of the Year Quilt (look for a button for that one in my side bar too) but I am having trouble deciding what quilt to make.
And I have added to my collection of slabs for my quilt of Valour that I'm working on. Although I am trying to use up scraps I actually had to buy some fabrics for colours that I don't have very much of in my stash such as yellow and orange.

So that's what I've been up to. I hope to write another tutorial for March as well. Remember my HST heart pillow that I posted at the beginning of the month? (There's a tutorial for it under the "tutorials" tab) I entered it in a "Gifts of Love" challenge on the Sew Mama Sew blog and I won! So I will have a couple of new quilting books coming to me in the mail. I am so excited about that! I will be sure to show them to you when they arrive.

I started a full time job with the Government of Canada so I'm finding that there are not quite enough hours in the day these days. This job only goes until June but I hope it will lead to further opportunities. Fingers crossed. :) This job is a great opportunity in itself for now.

Linking up with Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday.

4 comments:

  1. fingers crossed for the job! and I hope you find the right balance between work and sewing! we do need some creative time!love that quilt in progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love those fabrics you've selected for your Pantone quilt! (what line are they??)
    I was supposed to get a ton of hand-quilting accomplished during the Olympics, too - but we ended up only watching a few evenings (we aren't used to having the TV on, and it was just so LOUD...)
    Congrats on the new job :-)
    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. your handquilting looks great! Good luck with the new job...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely projects! My Bloom Bloom Pow quilt is still one of my all time favourite finishes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. It means a lot that you took the time. :) I have turned off word verification to try to make commenting easier for you. This means I now must limit who can comment to registered users.